Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi
|Name of the Institute
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi
|Also Known as
|Year Of Establishment
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
|MBBS, MD, PG, MS, PG Diploma etc..
|College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi-110029 Delhi
|Tel: 011-26181093, 26190763
Fax: 011-26717226, 26163072
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
College Overview: Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is a medical college located in New Delhi, India. It was established in 2001 and is affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The college is located on the Safdarjung Hospital campus, which is one of the largest government hospitals in India.
VMMC offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses, including MBBS, MD, MS, and diploma programs in various specialties. The college has state-of-the-art facilities and is known for its high-quality medical education and research.
Safdarjung Hospital, which is attached to VMMC, is a 1,600-bed multi-specialty hospital that provides tertiary care to patients from all over India. The hospital has various departments, including medicine, surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, orthopaedics, and more. It also has a busy emergency department and offers various diagnostic and therapeutic services.
VMMC and Safdarjung Hospital are both highly regarded in India and attract patients and students from all over the country.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMCC) is situated at Safdarjung Hospital. The college was established in November 2001 by the Government of India. VMMC comes under the Central Government, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. It is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University and has recognition from Medical Council of India (MCI). The college offers MBBS, MS/MD and Super Speciality Courses. The institute has secured 18th rank in the medical category in NIRF 2021 Ranking with an overall score of 56.2 out of 100. It had ranked 16th in the same category in NIRF 2020 Ranking.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
Vision of VMMC
Develop ability for continued self-learning and carry out research in all traditional and emerging forms to explore the depth and boundaries of life and its processes to enrich health and alleviate human sufferings.
Mission of VMMC
Understand critically the role of health as well as his/her own role as health care provider in developing a community, a nation and the mankind. Learn all aspects of National Health Policies and devote himself/herself to its practical implementations. Diagnose and manage common as well as emerging health problems of the individual and the community, appropriate to his/her position as a member of any health care delivery team.
VMMC offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses. Here is a list of courses offered at VMMC:
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Anaesthesia, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Emergency Medicine, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, Microbiology, Paediatrics, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Radiotherapy, and Respiratory Medicine.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Master of Surgery (MS) in Anatomy, ENT, General Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, and Trauma Surgery.
Postgraduate Diploma (PG Diploma) in Anaesthesia, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Dermatology, Venereology & Leprosy, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Oto-Rhino-Laryngology (ENT), Psychiatry, Radio-Diagnosis, Radiotherapy, and Sports Medicine.
Apart from these courses, VMMC also offers super-specialty courses like DM (Doctorate of Medicine) and MCh (Master of Chirurgiae) in various specializations.
The following are the departments and specialties of Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMCC):
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
Each department has several sub-specialties and offers comprehensive medical education and clinical training to students.
Facilities / Infrastructure in Vardhman Mahavir Medical College:
Although the college began on a very modest note on infrastructure carved out of the portions of the Safdarjung Hospital. The college has a separate library building with an excellent collection of medical books and journals, and Internet facility. The college has a faculty in the pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical disciplines.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College provides separate accommodation to girls’ and boys’ hostels. The College has seven hostel buildings with many facilities like a TV room, sports, Wi-Fi connection, and much more. The hostel provides mess facilities and a big dining hall area. They served hygienic and delicious food.
- Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a collection of over 45,000 books and journals, including online journals.
- Laboratories: The college has modern laboratories for various departments such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pathology, and Forensic Medicine.
- Lecture halls: There are spacious and well-equipped lecture halls with modern audio-visual aids to facilitate teaching and learning.
- Hostel: The college has separate hostels for male and female students with all basic facilities, including a mess and recreation rooms.
- Sports facilities: The college has a sports complex with facilities for indoor and outdoor games such as badminton, volleyball, basketball, and cricket.
- Medical facilities: The college has a fully equipped medical center with doctors and nurses available 24/7 to provide medical care to students and staff.
- Cafeteria: The college has a spacious cafeteria that serves hygienic and nutritious food at a reasonable price.
- IT facilities: The college has a computer center with high-speed internet connectivity and Wi-Fi connectivity throughout the campus.
- Research facilities: The college has a well-equipped research center with modern equipment to facilitate research activities.
Overall, VMMC provides excellent facilities and infrastructure to its students, faculty, and staff, making it one of the top medical colleges in India.
Campus life at Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VVMC)
Campus life at Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is vibrant and engaging. The college has a well-established campus with modern infrastructure and facilities for students. The campus has separate hostels for boys and girls, a library, sports facilities, and a cafeteria.
The college also has various clubs and societies that cater to the interests of students. These include the cultural society, sports club, music club, dance club, photography club, and many more. These clubs and societies provide students with a platform to showcase their talents, develop new skills, and interact with like-minded individuals.
VMMC also hosts various events and fests throughout the year, including the annual cultural fest and sports meet. These events provide students with an opportunity to showcase their talents and interact with students from other colleges.
Overall, campus life at Vardhman Mahavir Medical College is exciting and engaging, providing students with an environment conducive to their academic and personal growth.
College Festival: Nirvana is the official annual literary, socio-cultural and sports festival of Vardaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjang Hospital, New Delhi. It first started in 2004. Celebrities like the band Indian Ocean and Toshi have performed for a crowd that consisted of medical students from across the country as well as non-medical students and invitees from colleges affiliated to the Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University and others, i.e., over 300 institutes.
The hospitals affiliated with Vardhman Mahavir Medical College are:
- Safdarjung Hospital
- Lady Hardinge Medical College and Smt. Sucheta Kriplani Hospital
- RML Hospital
- Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital
- Guru Nanak Eye Centre
- National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre (NDDTC)
These hospitals provide medical services to a large number of patients and are also involved in medical education and research activities.
Admission Process and Documents Required for Vardhman Mahavir Medical College:
Here are the steps to apply for admission to VMMC:
- Register for the NEET UG exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Appear for the NEET UG exam and obtain a valid scorecard.
- Register for online counseling conducted by the DGHS on the official website of MCC (Medical Counseling Committee).
- Fill in the choices of colleges and courses according to your NEET UG score and eligibility.
- The DGHS will conduct the counseling and allot seats to the candidates based on their rank, preference, and availability of seats.
- Once the seat is allotted, the candidate needs to report to the allotted college for document verification, fee payment, and admission.
- The admission process will be completed after the submission of the required documents and payment of the admission fee.
The required documents for admission to VMMC are:
- NEET UG scorecard
- Class X- and XII-mark sheets and passing certificates
- Aadhaar card or any other government-issued ID proof
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs
- Provisional allotment letter issued by the DGHS
- Medical fitness certificate
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
New Delhi is the capital of India and a part of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT). New Delhi is the seat of all three branches of the Government of India, hosting the Rashtrapati Bhavan, Sansad Bhavan, and the Supreme Court. New Delhi is a municipality within the NCT, administered by the NDMC, which covers mostly Lutyens’ Delhi and a few adjacent areas. The municipal area is part of a larger administrative district, the New Delhi district.
Although colloquially Delhi and New Delhi are used interchangeably to refer to the National Capital Territory of Delhi, both are distinct entities, with both the municipality and the New Delhi district forming a relatively small part of the megacity of Delhi. The National Capital Region is a much larger entity comprising the entire NCT along with adjoining districts in neighboring states, including Ghaziabad, Noida, Gurgaon and Faridabad.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
The climate of New Delhi is a hot semi-arid climate bordering on a dry-winter humid subtropical climate with high variation between summer and winter in terms of both temperature and rainfall. The temperature varies from 46 °C (115 °F) in summers to around 0 °C (32 °F) in winters.The area’s version of a humid subtropical climate is noticeably different from many other cities with this climate classification in that it features long and very hot summers with dust storms, relatively dry and mild winters with wildfire haze, and a monsoonal period. Summers are long, extending from early April to October, with the monsoon season occurring in the middle of the summer.
Winter starts in November and peaks in January.The annual mean temperature is around 25 °C (77 °F); monthly daily mean temperatures range from approximately 14 to 34 °C (57 to 93 °F). New Delhi’s highest temperature ever recorded is 49.2 °C (120.6 °F) on 15 May 2022 at Met Delhi Mungeshpur while the lowest temperature ever recorded is −2.2 °C (28.0 °F) on 11 January 1967 at Indira Gandhi International Airport (formerly known as Palam Airport). The average annual rainfall is 774.4 millimeters (30.49 in) & monsoon rainfall from June to September is about 640.4 millimeters (25.21 in), most of which is during the monsoons in July and August.