|Name of the College
|Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research (Deemed Univ.), Chennai
|MBBS, MD, MS
|Pondicherry Osudu, Agaram Village, Villianur, Commune Kudapakkam Post, Villanur Communic, Pondicherry-605502 (U.T.) Pondicherry
|0413-2661995, 0413-2299200, 2261995
About Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences born in the year 2006 with a vision to establish a multispecialty hospital in Agaram Village of Puducherry, Union Territory of India, where in particular the poor could receive free advanced medical care in an atmosphere of love and compassion and to create a world-class teaching and research environment.
Annually 250 students admitted for undergraduate MBBS degree course, postgraduate degrees –Community Medicine, General Medicine, General Surgery, Radiology, Otorhinolaryngology, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Anaesthesiology, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, Ophthalmology, OBG and Ph.D degree programmes. Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences recognized by Medical Council of India and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi and affiliated to Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai.
The diversity of the College community makes for a stimulating and cosmopolitan atmosphere. About 30% of students are from other States and orientation programmes and English language support provided.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
Department / Specialities in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- TB & Chest
- Emergency Medicine
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities / Infrastructure in Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences library has a rich collection of materials that support education, research and patient care. It is well equipped with modern facilities and resources in the form of CD-ROM, online databases, books, journals, back volumes of journals. The Library at SLIMS committed to provide a world-class information support to its users with facilities such as photocopying, scanning, access to internet resources, online Journals, e-books e-learning are some of the special features. There is a separate audio-visual room, computer section.
Eligibility & Admission Process for Sri Lakshmi Narayana Institute of Medical Sciences, Pondicherry
Instructions for Physical Reporting:
The candidates should report along with original certificates and Proof for payment of Tuition fees preferably by Electronic Fund Transfer through RTGS/NEFT.
Demand Draft will also be accepted for Physical Reporting. Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “SRI LAKSHMI AMMAL EDUCATIONAL TRUST” payable at Puducherry. (Cheques /Cash will not be accepted).
The candidates should bring the following certificates/documents in Original (along with 2 sets of photocopies of the same without fail:
- Candidates without original certificates / documents shall not allowed to take admission in the allotted Medical College.
- Candidates who have deposited their original documents with any other Institute/College/University and come for admission with a certificate stating that “their original certificates are deposited with the Institute/College/University” shall not allowed to take admission.
- Allotment letter given by MCC-DGHS for admission is subject to fulfillment of all eligibility criteria prescribed by the National Medical Commission (NMC) and medical fitness of the candidates.Those who do not fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria and not found medically fit will not be admitted to the course of study to which they allotted by the MCC-DGHS.
- o Recent Pass port Size Photos 6 Nos., Parent’s photos 3 nos. (Furnishing the name & course on the back of the Photo) in a cover shall produced.
- o Admit Card issued by NTA (should be complete in all respects including photos and signature of candidate. Candidates with incomplete admit card will not permitted to proceed with the admission process).
- o NEET(UG) – Entrance Exam Admit card
- o NEET(UG) – Score Statement (Rank Card)
- o Provisional Allotment letter issued by the MCC of DGHS, New Delhi.
- o Class 10 / SSLC (10th)/ or equivalent examination mark sheet
- o HSC (+1, +2) / equivalent examination mark sheet
- o Transfer Certificate
- o Conduct certificate from the institute last studied.
- o Community Certificate
- o Migration Certificate
- o Proof of Date of Birth
- o Medical Fitness certificate submitted on the date of admission
- o If there is a change in name in 10th /12th and the Degree Certificate, the original Gazette notification for the change of name and a copy must produced
- o Copy of Aadhar Candidate/ Father /Mother/ Spouse.
- o Copy of passport / Voter ID card to attached as a proof of residence
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
- Allotment letter given by MCC-DGHS for admission is subject to fulfillment of all eligibility criteria prescribed by the NMC/MCI and medical fitness of the candidates. Those who do not fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria and not found medically fit will not be admitted to the course of study to which they allotted by the MCC- DGHS.
- All the Documents mentioned from the S.No “1 to 16″should submitted in original to the college at the time of physical Joining
- In the event of any information being found false or incorrect at any stage, your candidature is liable to be cancelled by the competent authority and no claim can made on the seat allotted to you.
The candidates instructed to follow-up the website www.mcc.nic.in regularly for the notices/instructions issuedbyMCCof DGHS,Government of India, New Delhi.
- If a candidate fails to report on the date and time specified by MCC of DGHS in the allotment order along with the original Certificates/Documents and/or fails to pay the tuition fee in fullby Demand Draft/Electronic Fund Transfer through RTGS/NEFT with UTR No. on the day of admission, he/she will not be permitted to proceed with the admission process and the seat will considered as vacant and will be duly notified to the MCC of DGHS for further action as per rules..
- If any candidate withdraws from the course of study in which he/she was admitted, after the expiry of the cut-off date prescribed for admission to that course of study or in mid-term and the seat is rendered vacant, the first year fee paid will be forfeited and the student will also required to remit the ‘entire course fee’ for the remaining years of the course period.
- Students will governed by all the University rules including rules for refund of fee, disciplinary rules, hostel rules and UGC/MCI-NMC Regulations for Curbing the Menace of Ragging etc.,
- At the time of admission, candidates should sign a declaration/undertaking form declaring that they shall abide by the rules and regulation of the University including anti-ragging Regulations of the UGC/MCI-NMC and observe good conduct and behavior and that they bound by the University Rules on payment of fees/refund of fees.
- Parents /Husband / Guardian of the Candidate shall accompany with the students for signing in the declaration form. Other person will not allowed inside the admission Office.
Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
4 years and 6 months + 1 year Internship
As per Medical Council of India norms.
Academic Qualifications & Eligibility
Candidates who have passed HSC examination (Academic Stream of 10 +2 curriculum) of any State/CBSE/ISC or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto, with the group of subjects specified below and obtained the minimum eligible marks prescribed are eligible to apply for admission to the course concerned.
English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Botany & Zoology
Candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the academic year. Date of birth given in the HSC/CBSE/ISC marks sheet or in the Birth Certificate/ Passport shall taken for computing age of the candidate.
Filling in Application Form & Certificates
- The Course application form should filled in carefully and legibly by the candidates in their own handwriting along with the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) qualified grade sheet.
- Candidates should enclose only attested Photo Copies of the certificates relating to qualification, age and Nationality etc. the Original certificate to produced only at the time of admission.
Syllabus for Entrance
- The Entrance Examination will based on the 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/ Universities.
Mode of Selection
- Selection will made on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET)
- The candidates provisionally selected for admission will have to undergo a medical examination. Only those who are found medically fit will admitted to the course.