|Name of the College
|University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|MBBS, MD, MS
|Gate No. – 2, Tahirpur Road, Dilshad Garden, New Delhi – 110095 New Delhi
About University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
The University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) was established in 1971 as a Constituent College of University of Delhi. It imparts various medical and paramedical courses. Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital is the associated teaching hospital with 1000 beds.
UCMS is known for its quality research and has a national ranking of 7th based on the number of publications in PubMed indexed journals.
Established in 1971 as a Constituent College of University of Delhi.
- Runs various medical and paramedical courses
- Annual admission MBBS: 150, MD/MS: 71; besides PhD courses in Medical Faculty
- Paramedical courses: BSc (Medical Technology), Radiography. Diploma course in Nursing (GTB Hospital), and Medical Laboratory In-service Training.
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital is the associated teaching hospital with more than 1000 beds.
- Known for its quality research; National ranking 7th based on the number of publications in PubMed indexed journals.
- Meritorious/Eminent Faculty on expert groups of UNICEFS, WHO, UNAIDS, World Bank, ICMR, ICMR, NACO, DST and CSIR.
- Cater to the health care needs for the East Delhi community and surrounding border areas.
- College with excellent results: Students excel in curricular/extracurricular activities.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
The vision of University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) is to serve the community through producing not only “Indian Medical Graduate” (IMG) possessing requisite knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and responsiveness, so that he or she may function appropriately and effectively as a doctor of first contact of the community while being globally relevant”; but also, responsible citizens of tomorrow. UCMS envisions an atmosphere for young minds to blossom into leaders who drive the health care system in all spheres through nurturing talent and creativity
- To provide excellence in education and research in medical, dental and allied health sciences, patient care and research. The institute aims at providing programs that facilitate the development of competent professionals who are both locally and globally responsive in areas of education, healthcare delivery and research.
- To provide access to highest quality of affordable education in medical, dental and allied health sciences to all students and ensure a safe and healthy environment for research and patient care and facilitate their professional development.
- To provide excellent health services to the community.
- To promote and nurture our faculty to achieve heights of their potential and through individual growth and collaboration, lead to the growth of the institution.
Department/Specialities in University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
- Biostatistics & Medical Informatics
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Respiratory Medicine
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities/Infrastructure in University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
Three air-conditioned lecture halls with audio-visual facilities. Three lecture halls with a seating capacity of 180 each and provided with a side room and a projection room. One lecture hall with a seating capacity of 90 only. An air-conditioned examination hall with a seating capacity of 170 and with a side room. This also has audio-visual facilities and can be used like a lecture hall. Lecture theatres are also used for guest lectures, clinical meetings, debates and quiz contests, conferences/seminars/workshops, and cultural activities including film shows.
Central Animal House (CAH) caters to augment the teaching, training and research facilities and to meet the growing demand for high quality laboratory animals at UCMS, Delhi.
The Central Animal House is registered with the Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India (Reg. No 508/2001/ CPCSEA) and has an established Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) that advises the institution and teachers/researchers on facilities, policies and practices at CAH concerning the care and use of animals.
Central Research Laboratory
Affiliated Hospitals for University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital
- T. B. Hospital is the prestigious and largest Hospital of Govt of NCT of Delhi in the Trans-Yamuna Area (East Delhi) with 1000 beds capacity. It is a teaching hospital associated with the University College of Medical Science, University of Delhi and, therefore, also serves as a training centre for undergraduate and post-graduate medical students. The hospital is providing health care facilities to the needy population of East Delhi and adjoining areas of other states with an average daily OPD attendance of about 4000 patients.
- The hospital is equipped with Round the clock emergency service in common clinical disciplines. Neurosurgery facilities for road side accident and other trauma victims. Burn care facilities.
Thallesemia day care centre. CT-Scan. Hemo-dialysis and Peritoneal dialysis.The hospital is in the process of computerization. OPD and IPD registration, Blood Sample collection centres, Admission and Enquiry, Lab investigation services and Medical Record Data have already been computerized and integrated through LAN.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.