|Name of the College
|Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|DR. MGR Medical University
|MBBS, MD, MS
|Chikkarayapuram, Near Mangadu, Chennai
|91 44 6634 4000 / 6565 0839
+91 44 6634 4040
About Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai
The Trust started Sri Muthukumaran Medical college Hospital and Research Institute, Chikkarayapuram, Near Mangadu, Chennai-600 069 from the academic year 2010-2011 with an annual intake of 150 students in MBBS Course with the approval of Medical Council of India and Central Government and affiliated to Tamil Nadu DR. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, this institute will fall under the category of Telugu Minority Institution.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
Today the hospital and the Medical College at Chikkarayapuram are recognized as outstanding institutions and have won the appreciation of medical experts and administrators alike from the State and the Central Governments.
To function as Centre of excellence in medical education by providing world class education and training, which will help the emerging Doctors to serve humanity with dedication.
To provide quality medical service at an affordable cost to the people.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialties in Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Physiotherapy
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Pulmonology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Department of General surgery
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Otorhinolaryngology
- Department of Ophthalmology
Facilities / Infrastructure in Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai
The Prime mission of the library is to support educational and research programmes of the Institute by providing physical and intellectual access to information, consistent with the present and the anticipated educational and research functions of the Institute.
- At present the library has totally 11828 Text & Reference Books.
- The library subscribes 96 National Print Journals and 51 International Print Journals.
Auditorium is fully air conditioned with seating capacity of 760 is available
- Lecture Theatres
- Students Labs
- Hostel & Mess
- Sports Facilities
Affiliated Hospitals for Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai
Sri Muthukumaran hospital The Hospital was established with state-of-the-art facilities and it started functioning, catering to the medical needs of the area from September 2007.Today, it stands tall as a six storeyed Multi speciality tertiary care hospital, serving to the medical needs of not only the people of the surrounding areas but also to people from various parts of the district. All medical and surgical specialities with duly qualified doctors function efficiently under one roof providing the best medical care to the poor and the needy. Sri Muthukumaran Medical College Hospital is now a NABH accredited and KAYAKALP certified hospital.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for Sri Muthukumaran Medical College, Chennai
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Tamil Nadu, check the details here