Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Hospital
|Name of the College
|Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
|MBBS, MD, MS
|Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital Sira Road, Tumakuru – 572106 (Karnataka) Tumkur
About Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Hospital, Tumkur
Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital established by Sri Shridevi Charitable Trust, Tumkur, with a dream to build a new world to provide quality based medical education. The Trust to its fold has Shridevi Engineering college, Nursing, MBA, Paramedical Courses and other degree colleges and schools.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
A noted Surgeon Dr. M. R. Hulinaykar had the foresight to envision a huge leap in the demand for qualified professionals in various disciplines. Sri Shridevi Charitable Trust was founded in 1992 to give motivated and committed students a conductive platform to pursue higher education and to realize their dreams and equip themselves to take on the world.
Medical education has tremendous scope in developing countries after globalization, due to intelligent and dedicated manpower availability. Recently, tremendous growth in the areas of Information Technology and automated medical equipment further enhanced the need of qualified Doctors. Karnataka state should not lag behind in producing competent and qualified doctors to fulfil demand. There is an ample opportunity in serving the society especially socially and economically weaker sections of the people to provide free medical facilities by a new multi-specialty Hospital and associated Medical College at Tumkur District of Karnataka State.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialities in Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Hospital, Tumkur
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Radio Diagnosis & Imaging
- Emergency Medicine
Facilities / Infrastructure in Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Hospital, Tumkur
Providing residential facilities for students is a primary task. Well-furnished AC & NON-AC hostels separate for boys and girls meet the requirements of comfortable living for students. The hostel mess provides healthy and hygienic food for the students. Safety and security guards are available round the clock to provide security of the inmates residing in the hostels. TV rooms with Plasma TV connected to a DTH network are available for the students in their respective hostel. A separate air-conditioned study room with internet facility are also made available for the students at their respective hostels.
Transport & Other Facilities
SIMSRH owns new buses to reach the campus from in and around and places of Tumkur. Autorickshaws and City Buses are also available to reach the SIMSRH campus.
Other facilities like laundry, PCO / STD / ISD call booths, gents and ladies parlor, sweet mart, fruit mall medical store, general store, stationary store made available at this campus.
SIMSRH food court is a pleasant ambiance place, which situated within the campus. The cafeteria serves hygienic food at reasonable prices. Students have a choice of north Indian and south Indian dishes which given a homely touch. The cafeteria is well furnished and well maintained to conveniently accommodate 500 students at a time, during the campus hours. Separate kitchens maintained for cooking vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Hot lunch, snacks and beverages of different flavours served to the students and staff at reasonable rates with an option of take away for the campus residents and locals. The cafeteria is open 365 days which also serves a wide range of refreshment & fast-food varieties.
Sports & Games
Facilities for outdoor and indoor games as well as a health club provided to keep the future doctors physically fit. Games such as football, basketball, cricket, hockey, Indoor badminton and table tennis are also available for the students. Physical Trainers take special care in making the students trained and involved in the above activities.
A well-equipped air-conditioned Gymnasium for the staff and students with a qualified physical instructor is open 7 days before and after college hours.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
State of the art air-conditioned lecture theatres designed spaciously to accommodate 150 students at a time. All the lecture theatres facilitated with audio visual equipment’s such as LCD projectors, slide projectors, Microphones. Apart from the lecture theatres all the departments have A/C. Seminar Rooms / Demonstration Rooms with a capacity of 20 to 30 and equipped with audio-visual aids.
- 4 lecture halls with 200 student’s capacities at college campus
- The lecture theatres are LAN connected for multimedia presentations operated from the central server. Digital IP cameras fixed to record live lectures, which are in turn converted into digital format for the provision of E-learning.
- Examination halls designed for conducting internal and university exams. These halls equipped with surveillance system to monitor the students during examination
All the departments have their individual libraries which are spacious constructed with an area of 30 SQ.M. The departmental libraries are also as seminar rooms by their respective staff members. These libraries are equipped with books for lecture preparation and reference.
Affiliated Hospitals for Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Hospital, Tumkur
Shridevi Research Hospital
Shridevi Research Hospital from Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital is a 750-bedded fully equipped medical college hospital capable of handling super specialty treatments. The Hospital have 18 clinical departments with qualified specialists including dentistry under one roof.
There is a upgraded laboratories with all high precision equipment with adequate specialists in various investigative departments assisted by well trained technicians. In addition to this there is a very well-equipped radiology department with MRI, CT, ultrasound and 300, 500, 800 mA X-ray equipment with quality reporting. We also have ambulance services and 24×7 casualty services.
Eligibility & Admission Process for Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Hospital, Tumkur
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Karnataka, check the details here
Required Documents for Admission to MBBS course
1.KEA Admission Order.
- KEA Verification Copy.
- NEET Admit Card (Hall Ticket).
- NEET Score Card (Rank Card).
- 10th Original Marks Card.
- 12th (PUC) Original Marks Card.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Character & Conduct certificate from the previous institution.
- Caste & Income Certificate. The above documents are already submitted to kea. Submit (2 sets of Xerox copies) along with following documents
- Eligibility certificate from the RGUHS, Bengaluru those who have passed 10+2 from (CBSE/ICSE) and other States.
- Migration Certificate
- Affidavit (KEA Information bullet in –annexure 1 & 9).
- Recent Six  Passport size photographs of Student.
- PAN Card copy of Parent.
- AADHAR Card Copy of the Student.
- AADHAR Card copy of Parent.
- Online undertaking for Anti Ragging visit http: //www.amanmovement.org/ after submission take the printout submit to the office (Student and Parent)
- Father & Mother Passport size photo each