Narendra Modi Medical College, Ahmedabad
|Name of the Institute
|Narendra Modi Medical College, Ahmedabad (Formerly known as Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Medical Edu. Trust Medical College)
|Also Known as
|AMC MET Medical College
|Year Of Establishment
|MBBS, BDS, MD, MS, Diploma courses.
|Sheth L.G. Hospital Campus, Krushnabaug Cross Road, Maninagar, Ahmedabad – 380008 (Gujarat Ahmedabad.
Narendra Modi Medical College (formerly AMC MET Medical College) is a medical college in Maninagar, Ahmedabad. The college was established in 2009 and is maintained by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation’s Medical Education Trust. It is affiliated to the Gujarat University and the Sheth L.G. hospital (Sheth Lallubhai Gordhandas Municipal Hospital, Maninagar, Ahmedabad).
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
The foundation stone of the college was laid by the future prime minister Narendra Modi, who was an MLA from the Maninagar constituency at that time. On 15th September 2022, AMC Standing Committee approved renaming of College to Narendra Modi Medical College.
The college has all the necessary infrastructure and facilities for pre and para clinical departments e.g., laboratories, dissection hall with adequate number of cadavers, museums, lecture halls with teaching aids, multimedia LCD projectors etc. To keep abreast with the recent advances, college has a library with more than 16000 books, journals and computer lab with internet facility and two reading halls of capacity of 150 seats. For recreation, facility of gymkhana and canteen are also available.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Anaesthesiology, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy, and Radio-diagnosis.
Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), and Anatomy.
In addition to these courses, the college also offers a one-year diploma course in various fields like Child Health (DCH), Medical Radio-Diagnosis (DMRD), Obstetrics and Gynaecology (DGO), and Anaesthesiology (DA). The college also offers a three-year postgraduate course in Dental Surgery (MDS) in various specializations like Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontology, Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, and Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics.
Facilities and Infrastructure:
The infrastructure of Narendra Modi Medical College includes:
Campus: The college has a spacious and well-maintained campus spread over 32 acres of land. It has multiple buildings for different departments, including the administrative block, academic block, library, and hospital.
Hostel: The college provides separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls. The hostels are equipped with basic amenities like mess, recreation room, and 24-hour security.
Library: The college has a well-stocked library with a collection of books, journals, and online resources. The library also has a reading room for students and faculty.
Laboratories: The college has well-equipped laboratories for different departments, including anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology, and pharmacology.
Hospital: The college has a 300-bed multi-specialty hospital that provides healthcare services to the local community. The hospital has modern facilities like intensive care units, operation theatres, radiology, and pathology labs.
Lecture halls: The college has spacious and well-ventilated lecture halls equipped with modern audio-visual aids.
Sports facilities: The college has a playground and sports facilities for outdoor and indoor games.
Overall, Narendra Modi Medical College has modern and well-maintained infrastructure that provides a conducive environment for learning and research in the field of medicine.
At Narendra Modi Medical College, students can expect to receive a comprehensive medical education that includes theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience. The college may offer opportunities for students to participate in research projects, attend conferences, and engage in community outreach programs.
In addition to academics, students at medical schools may also have access to a range of extracurricular activities, such as sports teams, clubs, and social events. These activities can help students to build friendships and a sense of community on campus.
Overall, student life at Narendra Modi Medical College is likely to be challenging but rewarding for students who are passionate about medicine and willing to work hard to achieve their goals.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Age: The candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
Educational Qualification: The candidate must have completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects.
Minimum Marks: The candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English in the 10+2 examination (40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Entrance Examination: The candidate must have appeared for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET score is used as the basis for admission to medical colleges in India.
Domicile: The candidate must be a resident of Gujarat or fulfil other state-specific eligibility criteria if any.
Here are the general steps for the application process:
- Fill Application Form: Once registered, the candidate must fill the application form for the college. The application form can be obtained online or offline, depending on the mode of application.
- Pay Application Fee: The candidate must pay the application fee for the college. The fee may vary depending on the category of the candidate.
- Submit Application Form: The candidate must submit the application form along with the required documents. The documents required may include mark sheets, certificates, and other relevant documents.
- Attend Counselling: Once the results are declared, the candidate must attend the counselling session for admission to the college. The counselling process is conducted by the State Government.
- Admission: Finally, the candidate must complete the admission process by paying the admission fee and completing the necessary formalities.
- Completed application form: You will need to fill out the application form provided by the college.
- High school certificate and mark sheet: You will need to provide a copy of your high school certificate and mark sheet, showing that you have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- Admit card and scorecard of the NEET exam: You will need to provide a copy of your admit card and scorecard for the NEET exam, which is the qualifying entrance exam for medical courses in India.
- Identity proof: You will need to provide a copy of a valid photo ID such as Aadhar card, passport, or driving license.
- Category certificate (if applicable): If you belong to a reserved category (SC/ST/OBC), you will need to provide a copy of your category certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Domicile certificate (if applicable): If you are claiming admission under a state quota, you will need to provide a domicile certificate to prove your eligibility.
- Transfer certificate: You will need to provide a transfer certificate issued by your previous school/college.
- Migration certificate (if applicable): If you have completed your high school from a board other than the one where you are seeking admission, you will need to provide a migration certificate.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Gujarat, check the details here