|Name of the Institute
|Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Vikarabad
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal
|Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences #2-4-40, Shivareddypet, Vikarabad, Vikarabad District 501102 (Telangana) Ranga Reddy
About Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Vikarabad
Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences is an off-shoot of BMMT Institute of Education, a company registered under section 25 of the Indian Companies Act.
Bhagwan Mahaveer Memorial Trust, Parent Trust, formed and registered on 01.10.1974 to carry the objective of promoting Medical Education and Health facilities.
Bhagwan Mahaveer Memorial Trust, to give effect to efficiency, independence and development of Mahavir General Hospital at Vikarabad with provisions for an educational institution, has formed a new Public Charitable Trust viz. Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences on 22nd July 2013.
BMMT Institute of Education with similar objects to that of the Parent Trust has accepted the office of Trustee (Sole Trustee) of Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences for the purpose of carrying out the wishes of Parent Trust i.e. Bhagwan Mahaveer Memorial Trust.
The members of the Management Board of BMMT Institute of Education are:
Dr. Ishari K Ganesh – Chairman
Dr.(Mrs.) Arthi K Ganesh – Member
Mrs. Puhspa Velan – Member
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
The Trust has acquired 37 acres of land and has constructed buildings for College, Hospital, Administration and Staff quarters for running a Medical college and Hospital at VIKARABAD Telangana.
MIMS started with a vision of inculcating the necessity and importance of medical education into the hearts of people. The vision of the trust is to set forth on the basis of the great visionaries of the medical world. The vision is to serve the people with a highly updated hospital and latest equipment’s to enable the poor and the rich to avail of good medical care. In the process, the vision is to create competent Doctors through quality Education, create a model for medical care, medical education and medical research and prevent illness and educating the rural masses about health and its importance.
MIMS will actively promote and preserve the highest standards of quality and ethical values in patient care, medical education, training and research. The College will provide state-of-the-art facilities with sophisticated equipment and education for the benefit of all sections of the community.
Department / Specialities in Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Vikarabad
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Pharmacology
- Department of Micro biology
- Department of Pathology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of SPM
Clinical Departments (Teaching Hospital)
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Department of General Medicine
- Department of Orthopaedics
- Department of Ophthalmology
- Department of Oto-laryngology
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of TB & Chest
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Anaesthesiology
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities / Infrastructure in Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Vikarabad
Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences and General Hospital, Vikarabad, is a tertiary care hospital with all broad speciality and OPD based super speciality facilities are available. Hospital has the following facilities:-
- 700 Bedded Hospital
- State of the art critical care facilities (ICCU, ICU, SICU, NICU/PICU).
- State of the art operation theatre complex, Major O.T. – 09 provisioned with modular O.T. and Minor O.T. – 02.
- 24X7 Emergency Services.
- Digital X-Ray, USG, Doppler, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, DSA, 16 Slice C.T.Scan and MRI 1.5 Tesla.
- 24X7 Pharmacy facilities.
- Dialysis unit
- Modern equipments like Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Nd:YAG Laser, Whole body Phototherapy.
- Empanelled with Aarogyasri Health Scheme.
- Referral Hospital for State Govt. Employees / Retired Pensioners, etc.,
Institute located in flush green secure atmosphere, spread over 37 acres and well connected to vikarabad city. Campus has more than 9 lakh sq.ft of built up area with interconnected concrete campus road and landscape garden. Institute has following infrastructure.
- Medical College Block.
- Teaching Staff Quarters.
- Non-teaching Staff Quarters.
- Boys and Girls Hostel.
- Nursing Hostel.
- Resident Doctor Quarters (Male and Female)
- Interns Quarters (Male and Female)
- Hospital and College Canteen.
- Mess facility.
- Indoor and Outdoor sports facility.
- Dedicated R.O. Plant.
- Genset Power Back up.
Teaching and Training Facilities
- Five well equipped air conditioned Lecture Galleries (4 in college block and 1 in Hospital) are available for taking large group teaching. In addition each department equipped with library cum seminar room, Lab, Demo rooms and museum facility.
- Institute has well equipped Central Research Lab, Photography Unit, MEU Unit and Skill Lab for student learning.
- OPD and IPD areas equipped with examination room, demo room and other training facility for clinical posting and patient learning purpose.
- Central Library is fully air conditioned, well equipped with more than 7000 Books of National and International additions. It has subscription of more than 100 National and International Journals. It has interactive multimedia CD-ROM and printing facility, in addition it has 40 nods internet facility for students.
- Ultra modern fully air conditioned auditorium available for conducting various Conferences, Workshops, CME programs, Orientations and Cultural Activities.
The Central library is present on the first floor is air conditioned well equipped with adequate Books, Indian & international Journals Periodicals, audio & visual aids Interactive Multimedia CD-ROM’s, e-books and online facility is also provided for the under graduate students, and Faculty. It is also provided with modern computer facilities with access to internet for obtaining online update information In addition to the Central Library all departments of the Institution have their own Libraries.
Students encouraged to make use of all the above facilities such as Lending Books, CD Rom browsing, Document scanning and Photocopying.
Hostel: Separate hostels for boys and girls.
Mahavir General Hospital
Eligibility & Admission Process for Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Vikarabad
- Age: Candidates should have attained or shall attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years
- Eligibility for Admission: Candidates belonging to any State / Union Territory of India are eligible.
Candidates must have passed Intermediate / 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Botany and Zoology) and a pass in English or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination from a recognized Central / State board & qualify in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET – UG – 2016.
- Method of Admission:
The merit list of the candidate for admission into MBBS program will based on NEET All India Rank obtained in the “NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET)- UG – 2016”.
- Curriculum to followed will be as prescribed by the MCI and the affiliating Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal. However, emphasis on teaching will be ‘student centered’ while the Clinical teaching will be patient centered.
- Eligibility Certificate: ELIGIBILITY CERTIFICATE issued from Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal, Telangana State should obtained and submitted at the time of admission to MBBS course during September (Applicable to all Students Except Local Telangana students who have passed 12th Std from Pre – University Board of Telangana).
Application and Registration
Prospectus: All applicants are advised to read the prospectus carefully before filling the online application form.
Online Application Form: Candidates seeking admission required to fill the application form available on the college website www.mahavirmedicalcollege.org. While filling the online application, ensure that no column let blank. Incomplete applications are liable to rejected.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Processing Fee: The processing fee of Rs.2000/-(for Indian students) and USD 50 equivalent (for NRI candidates) for submission of online application is to paid through Debit Card / Credit Card (Master / Visa). After successful payment, the candidate can download the receipt of acknowledgement. Applications not supported by payment of processing fee are liable to rejected.
Mode of Communication:
The candidate shall furnish the correct address, Email ID and Mobile number in the Application Form. The college will make communication by SMS / Email on given Mobile number / Email ID only. The college will not be responsible for incorrect address, Email ID and Mobile number. Hence while entering the details check properly.
In the event of rejection of the application form, no information will be provided and no correspondence / request for re-consideration, will entertained (Please refer the application status online).
Deposit of Certificates:
Verification of original certificates will be made at the time of admission. Candidates provisionally selected for admission will have to deposit all required original certificates with the College office. Therefore, candidates are advised to keep with them adequate number of attested photocopies of their certificates.
Change of Name/Date of Birth:
The name and date of birth of candidates will be registered in the records of the College as given in their S.S.C. Mark Statement/Transfer Certificate only. No request will be considered later in regard to correction in the spelling of the name of the candidates. The parents and candidates are requested to verify and confirm these entries in the S.S.C. Mark Statement / Transfer Certificate at the time of receipt of the same.
Once admitted to a course of study in the College, date of birth as furnished in the S.S.C./School record of student and submitted to the College at the time of admission, shall be taken as final proof and no subsequent request for change of date of birth will be entertained by the College at any time under any circumstance, either during the course of study or after the completion of such study. Every student shall give an undertaking to this effect duly countersigned by his/her parent or guardian at the time of admission.
Rules for Discontinuance from Course of Study
Where any student applies for discontinuance, or without any application discontinues on his/her own, from the course to which he/she has been admitted to, for any reason, either after the cut-off date prescribed by the statutory authorities for admission to the first year of the course concerned or where the seat is rendered vacant without having any chance of being filled up with any other candidate from waiting list etc., such students will have to remit the tuition fee and other applicable fees for the ‘entire/ remaining course period ’ .
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Telangana, check the details here
Unless and until payment of all the prescribed fees for the entire/remaining course period is made to the College account, such student shall not be entitled to any certificate including transfer certificate, mark sheets etc., to be issued by the College and to get back his/her original certificates deposited with the College at the time of admission.
All students and parents will be required to furnish a declaration agreeing to the above said conditions at the time of admission.
The candidates provisionally selected for admission will have to undergo a medical examination at Mahavir Institute of Medical Sciences, Vikarabad and only those who are found medically fit will be admitted to the course concerned.
MBBS in India
- Photo (same photo as in the NEET admit card)
- Provisional Admit card – NEET (UG) I/ II 2016
- NEET (UG) – 2016 Percentile Score / All India Overall Rank card
- Copy of 12th Std Mark statement
- Scanned copy of Candidate’s signature
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.