|Name of the College
|Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
|Also Known As
|MRMC Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
|Year Of Establishment
|Kalaburagi Gulbarga, Karnataka
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
|MBBS, MS, MD
|Sri. Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Mahadevappa Rampure Marg Sedam Road Kalaburagi- 585105 (Karnataka) Gulbarga
|Phone Numbers: (08472) 220307/ 225085
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
- Mahadevappa Rampure (MR) Medical College – The Government of Karnataka had decided to establish a Medical College at Bellary instead of Gulbarga.
- Hyderabad Karnataka Education Society under the leadership of Sri Mahadevappa Rampure started a Medical College in Private sector in 1963. Sri S. Nijalingappa, the then Chief Minister, Govt. of Karnataka, Sri. Veerendra Patil and Dr. D. C. Pavate helped in establishing the medical college.
- Medical College was started in 1963 with mission to bring out quality doctors by imparting quality education to meet the present and changing expectation of the people and improving the health status of the people of this region by offering health care and providing optimum training facilities for medical students.
- In 1973, Sri. Mahadevappa Rampure, the architect & founder of the Medical College left to heavenly abode and to salute his vision, dynamism and hard work in establishing this College, it was named after him as “Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College”.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
“To provide the highest quality of comprehensive healthcare at an affordable cost to the people of Hyderabad Karnataka Region and to provide good clinical support for the medical education and research; guided by sound ethical values”
“Mission to bring out quality doctors by imparting quality education to meet the present and changing expectation of the people and improving the health status of the people of this region by offering health care and providing optimum training facilities for Medical students.”
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialties in Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- General Medicine
- TB & CD
- Skin & VD
- General Surgery
- Super specialty
- Physical Education
Facilities / Infrastructure in Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
Shri Chandrashekhar Patil Memorial Hostel was built for the accommodation of boys and girls pursuing medical course at M. R. Medical College, Gulbarga. The Hostel is located in a lush green surrounding on sedam road, main gate facing towards north. H.K.E. Society’s Medical College hostel was started in 1963 to accommodate the girl students seeking admission to MBBS course, coming from different parts of the country and abroad.
The library is equipped with all the modern facilities like Computers with Internet connection, Audio Video facilities, Micro-film Reader, MEDLARS, MEDLINE CD-ROM (Silver-Platter), Photocopy machine.
Total Collection of text books and references is about 28,272. The College also subscribes for the HELINET of RGUHS which offers about 500 full texts of E-Journals Library also provides current Awareness service, Bibliographic service, & Departmental Library Service.
Sports, Co-Curricular and Extra-Curricular
The College has fully operational sports department. There is Indoor Sport Complex with wooden Badminton court, TT, Chess, Carrom etc. The students participate in various intercollegiate events organized by the Colleges and university.
Affiliated Hospitals for Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
Basaveshwar Teaching and General Hospital
Basaveshwar Teaching and General Hospital, Kalaburgi, is a renowned hospital in the name of Lord Basaveshwar. It caters to the needs of the huge population of this Hyderabad Karnataka region.
We owe this facility to the great visionary, educationist and philanthropist, Late Shri Mahadevappa Rampure, the Founder President of Hyderabad Karnataka Education Society and Member of Parliament. He was instrumental in starting medical, engineering, law, basic sciences, arts and various educational institutions to offer quality and higher education to the people of this region. To enhance the health conditions of the people, he dreamt of a healthcare service which could be extended through the establishment of a hospital. Additionally, the hospital could be a training centre for the young medical students and faculty who could benefit from the practical knowledge sought as per the demands of medical sciences.
With a commitment to the social cause, it was in the year 1963, the honourable President procured the land at Sedam Road, Kalaburgi. His dream got fulfilled when the Vice-President of India, Shri R. Venkataraman laid the foundation stone of the hospital in 1984. The hospital was a Silver Jubilee gift to the M.R. Medical College. In 1989, The Prime Minister of India, Shri Rajiv Gandhi inaugurated this well-built hospital, while the Governor of Karnataka, Shri P. Venkatasubbaiah presided over the function along with Shri Veerendra Patil as the Chief Guest. These two mega events were performed during the Presidentship of Dr. B.G. Jawali.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
It is a matter of great pride that the hospital accommodating 300 beds in 1990 has grown to accommodate 840 beds, including Sangameshwar Teaching and General Hospital, Kalaburagi. The hospital now boasts of specialty and super specialty units. Due importance is given to modern facilities using hi–tech instruments and equipment’s.
Presently, Dr. B. Mallikarjun, an efficient and experienced doctor is the Dean of the Basaveshwar Teaching and General Hospital. I, Dr. S.R. Harwal, am serving to the best of my capacity as the Medical Superintendent of this hospital. Dr. S.M. Awanti extends his services with great commitment and dedication as the Deputy Medical Superintendent, while, Dr. Farooq, a well-known doctor, is the RMO of this hospital.
Eligibility & Admission Process for Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Karnataka, check the details here