|Name of the College
|Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Karad
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences University (Deemed), Karad
|MBBS, MD, MS, Super speciality, Diploma, Fellowship, Ph.D.
|Karad Karad Dhebewadi Road, Near Pune-Bangalore Highway, No.4, Karad-415110, Dist. Satara (Maharashtra) Karad
About Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Karad
The medical college is about 35 years old and is recognized by the Medical Council of India, Medical Council of Malaysia and listed in the WHO’s World Directory of Medical Schools. MBBS and postgraduate degree/diploma courses in clinical and basic sciences in 17 disciplines recognized by Medical Council of India.
It also admits the international students from all over the globe for undergraduate courses. It has state-of-the-art museums with large collection of specimens and models. The KIMS diagnostic laboratory has accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL). The Lead Referral Laboratory is the first of its kind in Maharashtra state, which ranked the first amongst 40 such centres in India. The well-equipped Molecular & Human Genetics Laboratory is a feather in the cap.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
- Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth “Deemed To Be University” shall prepare competent and compassionate professionals with sound knowledge and excellent skill through quality education based on a competency model that inculcates scientific temper, moral and ethical values.
- It shall foster interdisciplinary research that will generate meaningful outcomes for the community and nation.
- It shall provide quality health care to the rural and needy and bring about holistic development in the adjoining rural areas.
- It shall seek collaborations with national and international institutions of reputes and provide a transparent and accountable governance system.
To emerge as a centre of excellence following an interdisciplinary, innovative and quality centric approach that encompasses best evidence based higher education and generates refutative and translational research and offers affordable health care access for the benefit of mankind.
Department / Specialities in Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Karad
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- Community Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
- Dermatology, Venerology, Leprosy
- Neuro Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities / Infrastructure in Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Karad
List of new arrival of books, medical resources Web-Sites, Latest information, library news, Services. Central library organized book Exhibition. Library has organized workshop. Library has given award for the best readers in categories of undergraduate, postgraduate and faculty member.
The University has 10 hostels with single, double & triple accommodation. The hostels are well equipped with study room, common telephone facility, recreation facilities as well as television room. Every hostel has its own mess which serves cuisines that suit everyone’s palates as well as ensures nutrition and variety.
The manicured lawns and lush green surroundings provide for the finest environments where students can concentrate on their studies amidst the calms away from the hustle of the city. The safety and security of the student is always given paramount importance by the hostel staff, wardens and security which ensure the hostel protocols are adhered to strictly.
“All work and no play make jack a dull boy” and boy; do we believe in the saying or what!!!After that long day at work or the college the perfect way to unwind would be to sweat it out at our on-campus sports complex. At KIMSDU you will be lost for choices with a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
Two gymnasiums, one for cardio and other for heavy weights and fitness offers a unique combination for patrons with a long list of contemporary equipment that offer a complete workout in a safe environment. A specially equipped gym for ladies and aerobics classes along with a number of other outdoor facilities like Badminton court, Lawn Tennis court, Volley ball court, Cricket and football ground spoil you for choices. For those hot summer afternoons or rainy evenings, we offer a plethora of indoor activities like Carom, Chess, Dart board etc.
Affiliated Hospitals for Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Karad
The teaching hospital KH&MRC (Krishna Hospital and Medical Research Centre) is recognised by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH).
The teaching hospital is 1125 bedded multispecialty tertiary care hospital with facilities for Critical Care, Endoscopic Surgeries, Dialysis, Cardiology, Cardio-vascular-thoracic-surgery, Oncology, Urology, Neurosurgery, Plastic surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a recognized Renal Transplant Unit. It has fully equipped major operation theatres, minor theatres, labour rooms, blood bank accredited by NABH, radiodiagnosis and radiotherapy, computerized medical records, counselling services etc.
There are separate intensive care units like Medical, Surgical, Coronary care, Paediatric, Neonatal (accredited by Neonatology Forum of India), Respiratory and Obstetrics. The neonatal ICU is recognized by Neonatology Forum of India. The radio-diagnosis department has facilities for MRI, colour doppler, mammography, DSA etc. It also actively participates in national healthcare programs and various extensions and outreach community programs initiated by the Institute.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for Krishna Vishwa Vidyapeeth, Karad
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.