|Name of the College
|Government Medical College, Sundargarh
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|1, Chitabhanga Sankara, Sundargarh-770001, Odisha.
About Government Medical College, Sundargarh
The Government medical college and hospital Sundargarh is located at built in the hilly terrains of a quaint, picturesque village of Sankara that covers 21 acres campus. Sundargarh is a mineral rich district in famous for its natural scenic beauty, hills, mountains, dense forest, natural waterfalls and mineral resources. This mineral rich district enriched with iron, coal etc. and is a part of the industrial backbone of India.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
The former/erstwhile DHH attached as the teaching hospital to the Government medical college and hospital which is 3 km away. Meanwhile the 500 bedded hospitals of the Government medical college and hospital is being fitted with high end equipment’s and expected to be functional in a phase wise manner 2022 Years. The Govt. Medical College with capacity 100 MBBS intake per year.
The college campus includes Administrative, Academic Blocks, Lecture Theatres, Laboratories, Library, Cafeteria and Community Hall. The entire colleges centrally air conditioned to facilitate optimum learning at all hours.
Institute aims to nurture students with knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to make them competent healthcare professionals, sensitive to their social responsibilities and serving human civilization in a manner that is worthy of the trust imposed on them.
- To be a leader in the field of medical education through rigorous implementation of the course along with innovative teaching-learning practices.
- To set the benchmark for quality education.
- To enhance research practices among the staff and students.
- To improve the services for society at large
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialities in Government Medical College, Sundargarh
- Community Medicine
- Dermatology (Skin and VD)
- Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Pulmonary Medicine
GOVERNMENT MEDICAL COLLEGE, Sundargarh takes pride in its state of art Central Library. Central Library which acts as a knowledge hub for the academic activities of our institution with a mission to provide knowledge to the user community. It is well equipped with National & international journals, course and reference books as well as has e- library with 25 computers and nodes.
The Central Library provides excellent library facilities for all the students and faculty members, such as sufficient books & Journals as per NMC Requirement, proper seating and reading facility, proper classification and arrangement of books, an attractive fully air-conditioned modern Library building with high-speed wi-fi connectivity and Web browser facilities.
faculty and staff quarters
Government Medical College and Hospital Sundargarh
The Government medical college and hospital Sundargarh was initiated to provide optimum health facilities to improve the doctor population ratio to the population of the district. Which is the mostly tribal. The foundation stone was laid by Honourable Chief Minister Sri Naveen Patnaik on Dt.22.01.2014.
The college and hospital building was completed within a span of 7 Years and was functional by Dt.25.06.2021. The hospital building was used as a covid facility during the covid-19 pandemic. The institution is located in the suburban sprawl of 21 acres adjacent to the Rourkela & Sambalpur Biju Express Highway and in well connected with Airways, Railways and Roadways. The nearest airport is located at Jharsuguda is about 22 km, railway station at Jharsuguda is about 30 km.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for Government Medical College, Sundargarh
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.