|Name of the College
|Dr. Shankar Rao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik
|MBBS, MS, MD, Fellowship
|Dr. Shankarrao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Vishnupuri, Nanded- 431606 (Maharashtra) Nanded
|02462-34525, 234118, 235711-17
About Dr. Shankar Rao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
Dr. Shankarrao Chavan Government Medical College (Dr. SCGMC) & Hospital – Vishnupuri, situated in Nanded city of Maharashtra. It was established in 1988. The College shifted to the Vishnupuri, Nanded area in March 2015 located on the Nanded-Latur State Highway.
Initially, started in 1988, in the Vazirabad area of Nanded attached to Shri Guru Gobind Singhji Memorial Civil hospital. The hospital has grown into a much bigger hospital in an area of 115 acres campus after its shift to the Vishnupuri, Nanded area in the outskirts of the city offering a huge scope for expansion in future in all aspects of medical education research & further development in all technical specialities.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
To be recognized as a premier medical institute with a vision to provide education of international standards. Our vision is to build professionally superior and ethical professionals and to empower the world with a commendable work force adept at meeting the challenges of the 21st century in the field of Medical Education, Health care & community outreach medical research.
- To create a new genre of doctors trained to highest levels of competence, committed to excellence, guided by professional ethics, ready to serve and lead the world tomorrow.
- To provide the best of evidence based medical care to patients in an ethical and compassionate environment.
- To create a vibrant culture of scientific spirit and produce cutting edge research output.
- To conduct research on important medical & public health issues.
- To empower each section of society through education and produce socially committed professionals & provide students with a sense of understanding for values and ethics, a commitment to law and morality.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialities in Dr. Shankar Rao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
- FORENSIC MEDICINE & TOXICOLOGY(FMT)
- COMMUNITY MEDICINE (PSM)
- PULMONARY MEDICINE
- DERMATOLOGY & VENERIOLOGY
- OBSTETRICS & GYENECOLOGY
Facilities / Infrastructure in Dr. Shankar Rao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
Dr. Shankarrao Chavan Govt. Medical college, & Hospital Nanded is a medical school affiliated to the Maharashtra University of health science (MUHS). Nashik. The college is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) New Delhi for medical Education in India. Founded in 1988 it is one of the premier medical institutions in the state of Maharashtra. At present the college accepts 150 students per year for the Undergraduate course MBBS and around 83 students per year for the various postgraduate courses. The college has a excellent training centre for BPMT student, MPH student and CCMP student. College Library also establish with the college in the year 1988.
Total No. Of Books: 18417.
i) Text: 12042
ii) Reference: 6375
iii) No. Of Titles: 4627
No. Of Journal Subscribed: For the year- 2020
i) Indian: 40
ii) Foreign: 52
iii) Total: 92
No. Of Journals with back Number: 4182
i) Indian: 296
ii) Foreign: 3290
iii) W.H.O: 596
Hostel Block for Girls, Boys & Post graduate students are situated within the Campus. There is separate Kitchen for both Boys & Girls with mess facilities to students. The students are being provided 2 times Breakfast & Tea with good quality food supervised by the experts. There is sufficient water for Hostel. The separate entrance to the Hostel is provided. Sports and recreation with TV facilities is also provided for all Boys and Girls.
- The Main College Building is of 3 Floors with a full built-up area with Dean, SD, AO Chambers separately in the Administrative Block.
- A well-established Central Library, four Lecture Hall each having200 seating capacity with LCD Projector and AV aids, and One Examination Hall with 200 seats capacity.
- The central Canteen space is also functioning.
- All the Departments with accommodation for Teaching faculties, Student Laboratories, Museum, demonstration rooms and Department Library are well equipped and all are satisfactorily working.
Affiliated Hospitals for Dr. Shankar Rao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
The hospital is a 750 bedded tertiary-level hospital & teaching institution with an excellent facility of modern equipment. It has huge in flow of patients not only from the city itself, but also a large population coming from the surrounding urban and rural areas including neighbouring districts of Parbhani, Hingoli and Yavatmal as well as the border districts of Telangana and Karnataka state.
Hospital is well equipped with 24 hours services of diagnostic radiology, updated pathology & microbiology laboratory, ART centre. It also has Operation Theatres in the OT Complex consisting of modern laminar OT’s and centralized Air-conditioning. It also has AC classrooms and a well-equipped library with air-conditioners having a huge availability of over 17000 books to the students.
With hi-tech features in every profession being the need of the hour, the Govt. Medical College is fully computerized as regards to patient data, student data, and University data management via HMIS (Hospital management and information system) with HP India limited as the contract-based service provider. The hospital was fortunate to have a set of very able and reputable heads of units, with whose help the institution rapidly established itself as one of the foremost hospitals in the state.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for Dr. Shankar Rao Chavan Govt. Medical College, Nanded
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.