|Name of the College
|Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
|Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (Deemed University), Chettinad
|Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Kelambakkam – 603103, Kanchipuram District (Tamil Nandu)
About Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (CARE) was conferred the status of Deemed to be University u/s 3 of the UGC Act 1956 in the year 2008 and since then, it has been contributing significantly to the society as an Institute for higher learning and research in the field of Medicine, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
In alignment with the motto of the University, “Capability, Character and Commitment”, the academic programs offered are professional, job oriented and innovative. CARE offers 74 Academic programs in the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences (AHS), Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Architecture, Commerce and Law. Most of the programmes offered are interdisciplinary and are as per the emerging needs. Currently, CARE has about 2500+ students pursuing their UG, PG and Ph.D.
To offer transformative education and enable individuals to become responsible, empathetic global citizens who contribute towards a sustainable future.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialties in Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
Pre – clinical
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- Dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery and Allied Specialties
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Otorhinolaryngology (ENT)
Super speciality Departments
- Medical Gastroenterology
- Cardiothoracic surgery
Facilities / Infrastructure in Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
Spread over 32,000 square feet, the Central library at CHRI is an asset to the institution and serves to disseminate knowledge among the medical fraternity.
The central animal house attached to the department of Pharmacology
A posh auditorium with a seating capacity of 500 participants
Most of the departments have a museum to store and exhibit their interesting cases.
The University offers a comfortable living accommodation within the campus, with separate hostels for boys and girls
Improvisations in teaching and advances in technology have led to the emergence of Clinical Skills Laboratories
The Chettinad Sports training facility aims to help players improve their sports skills
Affiliated Hospitals for Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
Chettinad general hospital is Health City campus epitomizes the guiding values behind the Chettinad Group’s motto of ‘Healthcare for All’. Strategically located on the Rajiv Gandhi Salai (Old Mahabalipuram Road), this 1180 bedded, state-of-the-art multispecialty hospital offers 24-hour services that match up to the most excellent in the world, and yet accessible to the underprivileged members of society.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute, Kanchipuram
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018. Eligibility as per regulations is as follows: –
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- Indian Citizens/ Overseas Citizens of India intending to pursue MBBS/ BDS from a foreign Medical/ Dental Institute also need to qualify NEET (UG).
The selection of students to MBBS course shall be based solely on merit list of the candidates in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test as drawn by the admitting/counselling authorities in the respective categories.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Tamil Nadu, check the details here