Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences
|Name of the Institute
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi
|Also Known as
|ABVIMS & RMLH
|Year Of Establishment
|Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
|MBBS, BDS, MD, MS, Diplomas etc…
|Baba Kharak Singh Marg New Delhi – 110001 New Delhi
Fax: 011-011-23365553, 23365550
About Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences (ABVIMS), New Delhi formerly known as Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) is a higher medical training and research institute at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, New Delhi. The College affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, located in Delhi and recognized by Govt. of India and the National Medical Commission (NMC). It established in 2009 as Post Graduation and Super Specialization College. In 2019, it also started MBBS course with 100 seats in MBBS, 166 seats in 17 disciplines of post-Graduate studies and 41 seats in 10 disciplines of Super- Specialization studies.
The college runs in the PGIMER, New Delhi building connected to the RML hospital campus. It boasts of state-of-the-art lecture theatres, a new Dissection Hall, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology labs and a huge library.
The college offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine and healthcare.
Undergraduate courses offered by the college include:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
Postgraduate courses offered by the college include:
Doctor of Medicine (MD) in various specializations such as Anaesthesiology, Dermatology, General Medicine, Paediatrics, Pathology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, and Respiratory Medicine.
Master of Surgery (MS) in various specializations such as Anatomy, ENT, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, and Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
Diploma courses in various specializations such as Anaesthesia, Child Health, Clinical Pathology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, and Psychiatry.
Apart from these courses, the college also offers various short-term training programs and courses for medical professionals, including a one-year internship program for MBBS students.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
Vision and Mission:
The Vision of this institute is “Leadership in Health Care in India”.
The Mission is “academic health care provider”, fully affiliated with the Guru Gobind Singh Indra Prastha University New Delhi and committed to innovative patient care, teaching and research”. Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital remains dedicated to treating all with respect, compassion and dignity without discrimination of poor –rich, caste- creed or social values.
Here are the major departments and specialties available at the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi:
- Dental Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
In addition to the above-mentioned departments, the hospital also has specialized centres for Cancer Treatment, Heart Diseases, Trauma and Emergency Care, and Rehabilitation.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities and Infrastructure in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi:
- Computer labs
- Centre for Community Medicine
- Blood Bank
- Medical Social & Welfare Services
- Dental Hospital
The college runs in the PGIMER, New Delhi building attached to the Dr. RML hospital campus. It has state-of-the-art lecture theatres, dissection hall, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology labs and a state-of-the-art library.
A new dedicated MBBS building is sanctioned. Currently, construction is delayed due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Hospital Building: The hospital building spread across a large area and has multiple floors with dedicated departments and wards.
- Emergency Department: The hospital has a well-equipped emergency department with triage, resuscitation, and trauma care facilities. It staffed by experienced doctors and nurses and is available round the clock.
- Operation Theatres: The hospital has multiple operation theaters with advanced equipment for performing surgical procedures. The OTs equipped with laminar airflow, anesthesia machines, and modern surgical instruments.
- Intensive Care Units: The hospital has a dedicated ICU with facilities for critical care, including ventilators, dialysis machines, and advanced monitoring equipment.
- Imaging Services: The hospital has a range of imaging services, including X-ray, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, and mammography.
- Laboratory Services: The hospital has a well-equipped laboratory that provides a range of diagnostic services, including blood tests, urine tests, and microbiology tests.
- Pharmacy: The hospital has a well-stocked pharmacy that dispenses medicines and medical supplies to patients.
- Blood Bank: The hospital has a blood bank that provides blood and blood products to patients in need.
- Hostel Facilities: The hospital has a hostel facility for resident doctors and medical students.
- Parking: The hospital has a large parking area for patients and visitors.
- Canteen: The hospital has a canteen that serves food and beverages to patients and visitors.
Student Life at Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi:
Students here have a rigorous academic schedule, with classes starting early in the morning. They required to attend lectures, practical, and clinical postings throughout the day. The course curriculum is challenging, and students expected to keep up with the latest medical research and developments. The faculty at the college is highly experienced and knowledgeable, and they provide ample guidance and support to the students.
The student community at the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital is diverse and inclusive. Students come from all over the country, bringing with them a wealth of cultural and linguistic diversity. There are plenty of student-led organizations and clubs on campus, providing students with ample opportunities to pursue their interests and hobbies.
Admission Eligibility for MBBS admission in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi
Students seeking admission to this college must be 17 years old by December 31st of the admission year. Students with a minimum of 50 percent in science subjects, including biology or biotechnology, as well as physics and chemistry, are eligible (in the case of SC/ST students, 40 percent in board examinations; 45 percent for OBC students). Qualifying for the National Eligibility and Entrance Examination is also required of students (NEET).
Documents Required for MBBS admission in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Medical Sciences and Dr. RML Hospital, New Delhi
Candidates who have been assigned a seat in this College will be required to report to the admissions office with the necessary papers in order to complete the admissions process:
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Certificate and grade sheet for class ten (for date of birth)
- Certificate and grade sheet for class 12
- Proof of identification (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Photocopies of eight passport photos
- Caste Certificate Provisional Allotment Letter (if applicable)
- Certificate for People with Disabilities (if applicable)
Undergraduate (MBBS) Course:
- The admission process for MBBS course in ABVIMS & Dr. RML Hospital is through the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects are eligible to apply for NEET.
- After the NEET results are announced, a merit list prepared based on the candidate’s score.
- Candidates are then called for counselling based on their rank in the merit list and allotted seats in the MBBS course.
Postgraduate (MD/MS/Diploma) Courses:
- The admission process for MD/MS/Diploma courses is through the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (AIPGMEE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- Candidates must have completed their MBBS from a recognized medical college and have a valid AIPGMEE score to be eligible for admission.
- A merit list prepared based on the candidate’s score in AIPGMEE.
- Candidates are then called for counselling based on their rank in the merit list and allotted seats in the respective courses.
New Delhi is the capital of India and a part of the National Capital Territory of Delhi (NCT). New Delhi is the seat of all three branches of the Government of India, hosting the Rashtrapati Bhavan, Sansad Bhavan, and the Supreme Court. New Delhi is a municipality within the NCT, administered by the NDMC, which covers mostly Lutyens’ Delhi and a few adjacent areas. The municipal area is part of a larger administrative district, the New Delhi district.
Although colloquially Delhi and New Delhi used interchangeably to refer to the National Capital Territory of Delhi, both are distinct entities, with both the municipality and the New Delhi district forming a relatively small part of the megacity of Delhi. The National Capital Region is a much larger entity comprising the entire NCT along with adjoining districts in neighboring states, including Ghaziabad, Noida, Gurgaon and Faridabad.
The climate of New Delhi is a hot semi-arid climate bordering on a dry-winter humid subtropical climate with high variation between summer and winter in terms of both temperature and rainfall. The temperature varies from 46 °C (115 °F) in summers to around 0 °C (32 °F) in winters.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
The area’s version of a humid subtropical climate is noticeably different from many other cities with this climate classification in that it features long and very hot summers with dust storms, relatively dry and mild winters with wildfire haze, and a monsoonal period. Summers are long, extending from early April to October, with the monsoon season occurring in the middle of the summer. Winter starts in November and peaks in January.
The annual mean temperature is around 25 °C (77 °F); monthly daily mean temperatures range from approximately 14 to 34 °C (57 to 93 °F). New Delhi’s highest temperature ever recorded is 49.2 °C (120.6 °F) on 15 May 2022 at Met Delhi Mungeshpur while the lowest temperature ever recorded is −2.2 °C (28.0 °F) on 11 January 1967 at Indira Gandhi International Airport (formerly known as Palam Airport). The average annual rainfall is 774.4 millimeters (30.49 in) & monsoon rainfall from June to September is about 640.4 millimeters (25.21 in), most of which is during the monsoons in July and August.