|Name of the College
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Gorakhpur
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh
|Statutory Autonomous, AIIMS(New Delhi)
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences Kunraghat, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh 273008
Ph: 5512205501, 5512205585
About AIIMS Gorakhpur
MEDICAL EDUCATION AT AIIMS, GORAKHPUR
AIIMS, Gorakhpur is one of the new AIIMS established as a part of the initiative under Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojna (PMSSY) by the Ministry of Health and family welfare, Govt. of India. These institutes have been established with the aim of correcting regional imbalances in quality tertiary level healthcare in the country, and attaining self- sufficiency in graduate and postgraduate medical education and training. AIIMS Gorakhpur will impart both undergraduate and postgraduate medical education in all branches of medical science and related field, along with nursing and paramedical training to bring together in one place, educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all branches of health care activities.
AIIMS Gorakhpur will follow the mandate of all other AIIMS to become a leader in Health services and be a Centre of excellence in Medical Education Technology (MET) in the country.
- AIIMS, Gorakhpur will provide student centred, problem based, integrated, community oriented and experiential learning for the students:
- Foundation course: A program for 1-year MBBS students to learn medicine effectively and to exploit the full potential of technology is offered by the Institute to prepare the students to be a lifelong learner.
- Integrated teaching: Theme based topics with engagement of students in contextual learning with interdepartmental interactions.
- AIIMS, Gorakhpur will implement Competency Based Medical Education with emphasis on Interpersonal and Communication skills, Professionalism, System based practice and Practice based learning in addition to the Patient Care and Medical knowledge, something that is not practiced everywhere in this country.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
Department / Specialities in AIIMS Gorakhpur
- Community Medicine & Family Medicine
- Forensic Medicine &Toxicology
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hospital Administration
- Obs & Gynae
- Pharmacology And Therapeutics
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Transfusion Medicine
- AYUSH Department
- Trauma And Emergency Medicine
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities / Infrastructure in AIIMS Gorakhpur
With the start of the Academic Session in 2019, a Central Library has been established at the Institute. It houses more than 500 books on various medical subjects. The Central Library at AIIMS, Gorakhpur is being developed to meet the assorted needs of the students, faculty, and staff of the Institute. The first batch of 50 students have been gifted a collection of text books of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and Community Medicine. Beginning with a
collection of almost 600 reference and text books on different subjects, the Library aims to cater print as well as online issues of noteworthy journals, books, and magazines. Separate E-Library section and reading sections have been planned for the convenience of the readers. The student hostels also aim to provide fiction and non-fiction books for casual reading. The collection includes timeless classics by well-known authors, contemporary books of repute, and magazines.
The Mess will cater to both the boys and the girls’ students. The Mess will provide clean and hygienic food to the students with comfortable seating arrangements.
Institute will have facilities for recreation of students in order to promote overall growth of the students. The common room also has adequate seating arrangements with television.
- Lecture Halls
- Sports & Games
Affiliated Hospitals for AIIMS Gorakhpur
All India Institute of Medical Sciences and Hospital
Hospital Services at AIIMS, Gorakhpur
Outpatient Department (OPD) at AIIMS Gorakhpur is completely paperless from the day of its inception. The OPD occupies a very important value in any Institute or hospital and is considered to be a window to the Hospital care.
From the day of its inception, AIIMS, Gorakhpur has been having one of the busiest OPD’s with a turnout of approx 1000 patients visiting the OPD every day. It is catering to patients from adjoining demographic regions of the country and encounters wide variety of diseases.
The patients in OPD need compassionate care, clear communication and convenience. AIIMS, Gorakhpur endeavour to provide this along with counselling for the patients.
The OPD is the most appropriate place for health education for healthcare professionals.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for AIIMS Gorakhpur
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.