|Name of the College
|ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Chennai, Tamil Nadu
|DR. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute (Deemed University) Chennai
|MBBS , MD
|ACS Medical College and Hospital, Poonamalle High Road (Chennai- Bengaluru National Highway – NH4), Velappanchavadi, Chennai – 600077 (TamilNadu) Chennai
|Dr. Pragna B. Dolia
Phones (off): N/A Phones (Resi): N/A: Fax: 044-26802155 Email: email@example.com
About ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
ACS Medical College Chennai is one of the premier institutes, founded in 2008 in Chennai, TamilNadu. ACS Medical College and Hospital Chennai is most popularly known as ACS Medical College Chennai aims to provide quality education and excellent infrastructure. It is one of the leading Deemed Medical College in Tamil Nadu.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
|Being a developing nation, health and hygiene are mainstays in terms of national priority. With so many people living below the poverty line, statistics reveal that unhealthy living conditions will lead to disease and epidemics, unless a proactive approach by the medical community put into action.
Keeping these in mind, Dr. M.G.R. University’s Faculty of Medical Sciences established. Besides imparting necessary medical and technological skills, the university also encourages students to be more active as a student-medical community to improve health conditions in the nation.
|The Faculty of Medical Sciences is an important department in the university and has a huge intake of students each year. The department comes equipped with a state-of-the-art laboratory and the department utilises modern equipment and technology. The quality of education and infrastructural advantage the university offers is one of the best in the city. The Faculty of Medical Sciences occupies a large area of campus space.
Department / Specialties in ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
- Community Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- General Surgery
- Forensic Medicine
- Bio Chemistry
- Micro Biology
- Radio Diagnosis
- General Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities / Infrastructure in ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
Spacious waiting hall, well-equipped examination chambers
Separate rooms for special clinics like immunization, baby clinic and family welfare clinic
The general ward has bed strength of 300 with the bed occupancy exceeding 85%
Children with diarrheal disease and infections are treated in separate cubicles.
The Central Laboratory functioning round-the-clock is the backbone of the medical services. The Departments of Biochemistry, Pathology and Clinical Microbiology integrated into the Central Laboratory Services to provide rapid results to facilitate swift decision-making by consultants of all specialties.
The Central Library is occupying a floor space of about 800 sq. mts. It stocks more than 2000 books of various subjects in medical and allied health science. Reputed journals, both Indian and international are available for reference. In addition, there are departmental libraries. The total number of titles in the Central Departments
- Highly qualified doctors in the clinical and teaching departments.
A dedicated team of nursing staff.
- A multi-specialty hospital with prospectus of expansion in accordance with MCI norms.
Excellent laboratory and museum facilities in all teaching departments.
- Well-designed lecture halls with convenient seating arrangements and audio-visual facilities.
- Well-organised Intensive Care Units (ICU) with state-of-the-art equipment and committed medical and nursing staff.
- Located on the Chennai-Bangalore National Highway, near the Chennai City limit and has frequent bus services.
- Convenient, safe and exclusive transport facilities for the staff and the students.
- Round-the clock ambulance services
Weekly seminars could arranged on the latest developments in medicine. Leading practicing doctors can invited to address the students and staff on the practical problems affecting the health of the persons. Students will be asked to prepare and give seminars on current topics of interest and concern so that the students motivated to study and understand the health problems facing mankind
Hostels & Quarters
Separate Hostel have provided for male and female students to the college at the campus itself. The room are clean, well-maintained and comfortable.
A fleet of sufficient buses ferries our students and staff from all over the city to our college. The facility has made it possible to start the classes in time and also ensures proper conduct of activities in prompt manner. The Transport facility is optional and not compulsory. The college is also well connected with the MTC bus routes.
Affiliated Hospitals for ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
DR. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute (Deemed University) Chennai
Aiming to bring about change and progress through education, the Tmt.Kannammal Educational Trust constituted in 1985 and started Thai Moogambigai Polytechnic College. Within three years of its inception, Dr. M.G.R. Engineering College was founded in 1988, and the Thai Moogambigai Dental College started in the year 1991. Both the colleges acquired Deemed University status in 2003 as Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute as per the orders of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi and the Union Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, New Delhi.
Eligibility & Admission Process for ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.
M.B.B.S (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
4 Years 6 Months + 1 Year Internship
1) Age limit: To be admitted to the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S) Course the candidate should have completed 17 years on or before the 1st July in the academic year he / she is seeking admission. Qualifying examination:
The candidate shall be admitted to the First Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) Course only after he /she has passed a qualifying examination as under:
- a) The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 Years of study. The last two years of study should include Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 year’s educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education. (Note: where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one-year pre-professional training before admission into the Medical College)
- b) The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/ Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
- c) The pre-professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination or the pre-University or an equivalent examination. The pre-professional / pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject.
- d) The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core subject.
- e) B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- f) Any other examination which in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board having Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
3) Selection of Students:
The Selection of students to medical course shall be based solely on the merit of the candidates and for determination of merit the following criteria can be adopted.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
A candidate for admission to medical course must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
Provided further that in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained shall be read as 40 % instead of 50 %.
To be eligible for competitive entrance examination, the candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above at II (2).
Based on the Merit of the student appeared in the Qualifying examination and Entrance examination / Viva voice conducted by this university.
4) Duration of Course of Study
Four and a half (4 1/2) academic years followed by one year of Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship.
- d) The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course.
- e) B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English
First MBBS: 1 year
Second MBBS: 1 1/2 Year
Third MBBS: 1 year
Third MBBS: 1 year
One year of compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Tamil Nadu, check the details here