|Name of the College
|A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
|MBBS, MD, MS
|A.J. Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, NH-66, Kuntikana, Dakshina Kannada, Mangaluru – 575004 (Karnataka) Mangalore
|+91 824 222 5533
Fax: +91 824 222 5541, +91 824 2222802
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
About A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
The health of the people, considered the blessings of the rich and the riches of the poor, is the foundation that supports the edifice of happiness and prosperity of a nation. A.J Institute of Medical Sciences is a brilliant, futuristic Endeavour of the Laxmi Memorial Trust(R); a premier educational organization is a brainchild of educationist & philanthropist Mr. A J Shetty. AJIMS is aimed to provide a global perspective of medical education to achieve the national objective of “Health for All”. Its enduring efforts have put Mangalore on the global map of medical education. The institution nurtures a vision “To establish as a premier institution imparting medical education that effectively combines high academic exposure, professional outlook and commitment to humanitarian values.”
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
An earnest effort to achieve this noble vision began with the first batch of medical students enrolled in the year 2002.AJIMS shatters all barriers of caste, religion, culture, etc and endeavours to provide quality education to all aspiring students. AJIMS is located on a 30-acre campus nestled amidst the plush greenery of this coastal paradise of Mangalore. The city is well connected by railways, roads, air and seaports respectively. The various buildings and blocks of the college on the vast campus are elegantly built to complement the terrain. The college building is constructed on a sloping land, overlooking the city. It offers an aesthetic ambience coupled with a breath-taking bird’s eye view of the city.
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Department / Specialities in A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Community medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- General Medicine
- GENERAL SURGERY
Facilities / Infrastructure in A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Transport and security
Affiliated Hospitals for A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
A.J Hospital & Research Centre
A.J Hospital and Research Centre is one of the foremost tertiary hospitals in India. This leading institution provides state of the art health care treatment and facilities across 30 major medical disciplines. The Visionary initiative of Dr. A.J. Shetty, a reputed entrepreneur, educationist and well-known philanthropist, was realised, when the hospital began in 2001 and today it stands as a unique centre of medical excellence.
A.J Hospital and Research Centre is a unit of the Laxmi Memorial Educational Trust ® a premier institution which manages a string of professional colleges that include medical, dental and engineering.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
Eligibility & Admission Process for A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.
A Pass in 12th Standard or Equivalent examination approved by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study, with at least 50% marks in aggregate of optional subjects. The candidate should have completed 17 years
List of documents to be produced at the time of admission
- 12thstandard equivalent marks card / pass certificate – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- 10th standard pass certificate for proof of date of birth – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Transfer Certificate from the institution last attended – Original + 3 attested photocopies.
- Conduct certificate from the institute last attended – Original only.
- Eligibility certificate issued by the Register, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore (separate application is to be made to the RGUHS)
- Migration certificate from the Board of the institution last studied.
- Valid Passport and Student VISA for the period of study.
- Proof of employment abroad of the parent (if the student has studied in India).
- Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner.
- Blood Group Certificate.
Photographs – Passport size 05, stamp size 05.
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Karnataka, check the details here