|Name of the College
|Siddaganga Medical College and Research Institute, Tumakuru
|Also Known As
|Year Of Establishment
|Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
|1, Siddaganga Math, Tumakuru-572104, Karnataka.
About Siddaganga Medical College and Research Institute, Tumakuru
Siddaganga Medical College & Research Institute, established with divine blessings of His Holiness Padma Bhushana, Karnataka Ratna Dr. Sree Sree Sivakumara Mahashivayogi and His Holiness Sree Sree Siddalinga Mahaswamiji is set to carve a niche in medical education, research and healthcare. The National Medical Commission, New Delhi accorded permission to start the SMCRI with 150 MBBS seats from the academic year 2022-23.
The institute is located in the heart of Tumakuru city which is 65 kms from Bangalore on the Bangalore-Pune Highway and is easily accessible by road, train and air. The institute provides one of the finest learning environments with excellent infrastructural facilities such as air-conditioned lecture theatre’s, well equipped laboratories, Skill Lab, Medical Education Unit, Library, and Hostels.
The institute aims to achieve its vision with the ardent support of well experienced, qualified and dedicated teaching and supporting staff.
- NEET 2024 : Students without Biology as core subject can become doctors now
- FMGE December 2023 registration starts; NMC guidelines for students from Ukraine, Philippines
- Experts on NMC reduces NEET 2024 syllabus
- 5 important points to keep in mind for NEET UG 2024 preparation
- Things to take care of in revised NEET UG 2024 syllabus
Department / Specialties in Siddaganga Medical College and Research Institute, Tumakuru
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Emergency medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Respiratory medicine
Get to know more details about MBBS fee structure in India, check out complete information here
Facilities / Infrastructure in Siddaganga Medical College and Research Institute, Tumakuru
Skills & Simulation Lab
The state-of-the-art skills and simulation laboratory has been established to provide Simulation Based Medical Education (SBME). Skill lab facilitates to acquire proficiency over the clinical skills while ensuring patient safety. It is well equipped with High fidelity Mannequins, Skill Practicing stations and debriefing area along with enthusiastic faculty and Instructors. Skill & Simulation lab also provides an opportunity for continued medical education and training of the health care professionals.
State of art library of SMCRI extends over 1100 sq meters with separate sections for reference and reading with a seating capacity of 300. Students have access to latest editions of around 3500+ books and 40 journals, both national and international round the clock.
Lecture theatre/ Demonstration Rooms
SMCRI is well equipped with state of art teaching class rooms with capacity ranging from 150 to 200 students.
Demonstration rooms apart from didactic lectures also provide opportunity for interactive focused group discussion.
The college has separate hostel facilities for boys and girls with excellent infrastructure, 24/7 Wi-Fi facility, multicuisine kitchen and laundry services. Each hostel has a warden drawn from teaching faculty of the college who is responsible for day-to-day functioning of the hostel along with other support staff. Chief warden along with anti-ragging committee comprising of faculty will supervise the hostel premises.
“Train the Trainer” is the best way to ensure that the teaching of highest quality is continuously delivered. Department of Medical Education works on enabling the teaching faculty in a medical college to implement their role as facilitators. The department of medical education is focused on curriculum development and implementation. The department is equipped with excellent infrastructure and audio-visual aids. The members of DOME are well trained and qualified to conduct Faculty Development Programs in our Institution. The department aims to enable the teaching faculty with knowledge and skills required to train the medical graduates holistically to meet local requirements and attain global standards.
Affiliated Hospitals for Siddaganga Medical College and Research Institute, Tumakuru
Established with the blessings of his holiness Dr. Sri Sri Shiva kumara Swamiji and Sri Sri Siddalinga Mahaswamiji of the Siddaganga Matha, Sidddaganga Hospital is a one-stop destination for world-class super speciality healthcare services. Siddaganga Hospital was envisaged by a group of like-minded doctors with an aim to fulfil the ever-growing medical needs of the community.
Eligibility & Admission Process for Siddaganga Medical College and Research Institute, Tumakuru
– Pass with minimum 50 % marks in Intermediate (Bi.P.C)
– Must Qualify in NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test)
Admission to the MBBS programme is based on candidates’ performance in NEET. Once the NEET results are declared, then the eligible candidates are called for counselling process.
- NEET UG Counselling 2023 KNRUHS Releases Telangana MBBS Round 2 Final Seat Allotment, Direct Link To Check
- NEET 2023 Admit Card LIVE: NEET admit card out on neet.nta.nic.in, link here
- NEET UG 2023 Registrations Started – Apply Now
- KEA Original seat allotment Order
- KEA Original Document Acknowledgement Slip
- NEET Rank card
- NEET Hall Ticket
- S.L.C / 10th Marks Sheet
- U.C / 10+2 Marks sheet
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate
- Character/Conduct/Study Certificate
- Caste and Income Certificate for OBC/SC/ST Category
- *Eligibility Certificate (Applicable for Other than Karnataka State Board) visit rguhs website
- *Migration Certificate (Applicable for Other than Karnataka State Board)
- Sponsorship letter in Original Company letter head in case of NRI Students with Sponsor’s passport/VISA copy and Resident card of that country.
- Photo Copy of Aadhar Card of Student, Father and Mother
- Photocopy of Parent’s PAN CARD
- Latest Photographs (06 numbers) of the student
- Photograph of Father and Mother each
Take a look at other NMC approved medical colleges in Karnataka, check the details here