The National Medical Commission (NMC) has issued a circular on the implementation of a new competency-based medical education course for UG Medical Students of the UG CGME 2021-2022 batch (Admitted in 2022).
The National Medical Commission has issued a circular on the implementation of a new competency-based medical education course curriculum in the undergraduate programme. The new set of guidelines will apply to MBBS students in the UG CGME 2021-2022 batch (admitted in 2022).
All medical colleges in states and UTs have been directed to implement the new course. Scroll down for the academic calendar for the MBBS batch (2021-22) admitted in February 2022.
Also Read | Low NEET Cut-Off Behind Costly MBBS
NEW NMC GUIDELINES FOR UG CGME STUDENTS (2021-22 BATCH)
The NMC circular mainly lists the guidelines that need to be followed because of the time redistribution for the course in the professional year of 2021-22 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The duration of the first professional course has been reduced from 14 months to 12 months.
The circular lists how to manage the new timeline, along with other changes to ensure competency-based medical education.
MBBS Abroad Admissions | Click Here To Get MBBS Admissions Abroad At Very Low Fees
Other changes include:
- Early clinical exposure and integration
- Self Directed Learning (SDL)
- Introduction of electives
- Family adoption programme
- Recommendation of modified ‘Maharishi Charak Shapath’ when a candidate is introduced to medical education
- Yoga training in foundation course
- Continuous formative and internal assessment
- Supplementary exams
- No supplementary or repeater batch
- NEXT exam guidelines to be notified by NMC
Join our Telegram Channel for more such news articles, preparation strategies, and more.
Please check the full NMC circular below for more details along with the academic calender for MBBS batch (2021-22) admitted in February 2022.
Read all the latest news articles HERE.