neet 2021 counselling

NEET Counselling 2021: Aspirants who get selected in this round of counselling will have to accept the allotment online. They will report to the assigned colleges between February 2 to 7 to confirm their admission.

The 1st round of seat allotment for UG medical courses under NEET 2021 has been announced by the Medical Counselling Committee. Candidates who had registered for the counselling of MBBS, BDS, and other UG medical and dental courses under the 15% all India quota may check their status online at after announcement.

Aspirants who get selected in this round of counselling will have to accept the allotment online and report to the assigned colleges between February 2 to 7 to confirm their admission. NEET counselling result 2021 will be released in PDF format containing roll number, All India Rank (AIR), category, colleges allotted, and remarks.

NEET UG counselling list be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the entrance exam and choices filled by them during the registration window. After completion of the first round of seat allotment, the subsequent round of counselling will be done for filling all the remaining vacant seats (if any). Candidates who do not get their desired college or course may register for the next round of counselling.

Read | NEET UG Counselling 2021: Registrations Have Started


Every year, the top medical colleges for NEET-UG admission to various medical programmes release their opening and closing rank. Here are the closing ranks for top government colleges from last year.

Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi: 90

VMMC Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi: 163

University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi: 324

Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi: 571

Government Medical College, Chandigarh: 776

Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai: 457

King George’s Medical University, Lucknow: 1800

Stanley Medical College, Chennai: 5253

Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Postgraduate Insitute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak: 6573

Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai: 2828

MBBS Abroad Admissions | Click Here To Get MBBS Admissions Abroad At Very Low Fees

What’s Next?

Aspirants who qualified for the NEET can get admission to state quota / All India Quota (AIQ) in both government and private colleges. While 15 per cent of total medical and dental seats will be offered under AIQ, the remaining 85 per cent will be under the state quota. The government has now approved the reservation of 27 per cent of seats for OBC, 10 per cent for EWS students in addition to the existing quota of 7.5 per cent for ST and 15 per cent for SC students.

Read | NEET 2022: When to Expect, Exam Date and Pattern

Candidates who get their college/course as per their choice in the first round will have to submit the admission fee and verify their documents to book the seat. If not, they can float the seat and wait for the second round. The NEET counselling 2021 will be held in a total of four rounds — round 1, round 2, mop-up round, and stray vacancy round. After the first round candidates will get the option of upgradation and free exit. However, it is applicable only to round 1.

Join our Telegram Channel for more such news articles, preparation strategies, and more.

Candidates who join the allotted seat in round 2 or after will not be allowed to resign or take part in any of the further rounds of NEET counselling. Those who have not joined the allotted seat in the second round will be eligible for further rounds subject to forfeiture of the security deposit and fresh registration in the mop-up round.


Read all the latest news articles HERE.

Welcome to Career Advice.

Want Help With Abroad Admissions?